Makes about 35 cookies
You don’t even need an electric mixer to make these drop cookies! Tip: For a spicier cookie, add 1 tsp. ground cinnamon and 1 tsp. ground ginger to the dough.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray. Whisk together sugar, margarine, oil, ginger, molasses, vanilla and 1/4 cup warm water. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture. Fold in walnuts.
2. Drop spoonfuls of dough 1 inch apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
3. Whisk lime juice and sugar until smooth. Dip cookies in glaze. Let glaze harden on wire racks, then store cookies in airtight container.
Per COOKIE: Calories: 134, Protein: 1g, Total fat: 5g, Saturated fat: 1g, Carbs: 22g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 78mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 15g
- Chef Mayra Amazing Gingered Apple-Berry Cobbler
- Chef Mayra’s Fruit with Couscous
- Chef Mayra’s Holiday Specials 2010
- Chef Mayra’s Top Ten Green Eco-Holiday Tips