702 722 0108 email:Bakery@MyChefMayra.com
Pura Vida By Chef Mayra and The Herbal Experience YAM Mash
About : 6–8 servings, Prep Time about : 15 minutes, Cook Time about : 45 minutes
4 TBS Pretty- T Tea
3–4 large Garnet Yams (about 3–4 lbs), peeled & chopped in 1 inch cubes
2 TBS VEGAN butter
¾ cup vanilla soy creamer
½ cup Pretty T concentrate (++use tea broth with tea leaves from boiled yams)
2 TBS agave
½ tsp cardamom
1 tsp pepper
½ tsp allspice
2 tsp sea salt
1. In a large pot bring 12–14 oz water to a boil. Add yams and let cook until soft in middle (about 20–30 minutes)
2. Melt VEGAN butter over medium–high heat in another large pot. Strain yams from boiled tea and add to melted butter. (Tealeaves are welcomed)
3. Add soy creamer, The Herbal Experience concentrate, Agave & begin to mash. Add spices and mash until smooth & creamy. ~
PURA VIDA BY CHEF MAYRA & THE HERBAL EXPERIENCE PURE FUSION RUBS
Fusion Rubs ! Ohh MY !!!
Great Rub Tofu- Gardein Meat and Vegan Chicken Strips
Wha’ Cha Need:
2 TBS Kide-T, finely ground
1 TBS Chipotle Chile Pepper
1 tsp Marjoram
1 tsp Black Peppercorn
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Cilantro
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Oregano
Wha’Cha Do: things you’ll need:
- Dry rub
- Plastic wrap
- If Using tofu !!! PLEASE get the Extra super Firm
- Sprinkle dry rub on the Vegan protein. Apply an even coating; use a shaker to coat the vegan meat without getting too much dry rub in one spot. Make sure to apply a coating of dry rub over the entire piece of Vegan meat.
- Press the dry rub into the vegan meat gently. Pressing the dry rub onto the vegan meat ensures that most of the dry rub clings to the vegan meat. Some of us even massage the dry rub into the vegan meat softly so that it further penetrates the Vegan meat while marinates.
- Wrap the Your V meat in plastic wrap. The plastic wrap serves two purposes. First, the plastic wrap ensures that the dry rub doesn’t fall off during the marinating process. Second, the plastic wrap helps keep your refrigerator sanitary. Lay a piece of plastic wrap on the counter top and place the Veggie meat in the center. Bring the two longest sides of the plastic wrap together and roll tightly. Carefully roll the ends of the plastic wrap so that your vegan meat is tightly wrapped. Allow to marinate for 1 to 2 hours. Dry rubs work quicker than a wet marinade. In only an hour or so, your VEGGIE meat will be ready to hit the grill —
This most distinctive and flavorful rice dish complements tofu type of veggie beautifully.
Try it with a mango salsa on the side.
Pura Vida By Chef Mayra and The Herbal Experience
” Forbidden Rice”
Wha’ Cha Need:
3 tablespoons MOOMY- T leaves, 10 cups water, 2 cups Organic Jasmine rice, 2 cloves garlic, 4 thin slices fresh ginger, 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, 1 tablespoon sea salt
Wha’ Cha DO :
- Add ten cups of boiling water to the tea in a four–quart pot.
- Cover and steep for five minutes.
- Strain the tea to remove the leaves and set aside. Heat the sesame oil in a 12–inch heavy–bottom iron skillet on high heat. As soon as the oil begins to smoke, lower the heat to medium. Add the rice, garlic, ginger and one cup of tea at a time. Sauté and simmer, carefully adding more tea as needed to prevent the rice from sticking to the pan.
- Cover on simmer and set aside. Cooking time is 45 minutes. Serves: 4 – 6
My Mac*Cacao Balls & Also can Be Spicy Chipotle Cacao Bites
This recipe give and takes makes 15 balls
Wha’ Cha Need:
2 cups cacao nibs
1 tablespoon maca powder
2 ounces cocao powder (weight)
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup almond butter
1/3 cup yacon syrup
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon liquid vanilla
Chipotle ! Optional to make then spicy at the end ( BITES)
Wha’ Cha DO
Finely grind the cacao nibs in a coffee grinder or dry blender. Mix all ingredients by hand in a bowl until mixture is consistent. Scoop out balls using a small ice cream scoop. Balls can be served immediately or placed in fridge to firm up first.
Variation: You can replace the maca powder with any other powdered super food. For a delicious, spicy version simply add a half teaspoon Chipotle or more to taste.
Storage and life span: These balls will keep for at least two weeks! Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
******We like to spice it up with a sprinkle of chipotle powder on top.
- Chef Mayra Arroz Dulce
- Chef Mayra Amazing Gingered Apple-Berry Cobbler
- Chef Mayra’s Tempeh Bourgignon
- How to Make your Own Shampoo & Conditioner ~ HERBAL SHAMPOOS Choose herbs for your shampoo that will enhance your hair
- 4th Annual Herb Day Event